Friday, May 27, 2011

Barca vs. ManU - Jonathan Wilson's comments

Ever since I began reading "Inverting the Pyramid" - that masterpiece of football tactics by Jonathan Wilson, I have always thought of him as the finest writer I have read on football. Besides I am partial to anyone who begins his discussion with Argentina/Argentinians and if it is a woman journalist he is quoting, the charm is enhanced. And I am yet to finish that book!

To return to the title of this blog, this nearly 2000 word piece serves to showcase Wilson's understanding of football and his prescription to ManU for the match coming up in less than 12 hours. Read it and be prepared.

I am hoping that I shall be chanting "Barca, Barca, Barca, Messi, Messi, Messi" yet again. Once Pep moves out and the Barca team disintegrates in the 2011-12 season, I am not sure Barca will repeat their success. So here's hoping for one last hurrah for Pep at Barca. Come on, you magic boys!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home