Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Training for ADHM 2012

If you have been planning to train for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) 2012, the first thing you may want to know is that the race is on 30th Sep 2012 and not in Nov as it has been last year and some other earlier editions.

Of course the next thing I want you to know is that I will be taking on people to train for that race in batches only on Mon-Wed-Sat in Bangalore if you want to train in person.

There are 12.5 weeks to the race. If you want to start training, now is the time, regardless of whether you are an experienced runner or someone looking to run their first half marathon. If you are someone who has not even run a 5K before, then I would recommend you skip this race as the 12 weeks may not be enough to get into shape and race. You may of course be able to complete it, but I don't think you need to train with me if you just want to complete it.

To repeat something I said here,
If you want to run a half marathon, you need to have run a 10K in the last 6 weeks and have at least 10-12 weeks to raceday or have at least 16 weeks to raceday to start training from scratch.

Read this post to get a hang of how I go about things and then mail me at dhammonia@gmail.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home