Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Training for Mumbai & Dubai Marathons

If you have been planning to train for the Standard Chartered Marathons in Mumbai(SCMM)/Dubai(SCDM) in 2013, here is some news

SCMM is on 20th Jan 2013. Registrations open on 19th July 2012
SCDM is on 25th Jan 2013. Registrations are open from 15th July 2012

There are 26.5 weeks to SCMM and about 27 weeks to SCDM.

Of course the next thing I want you to know is that I will be taking on people to train for that race in two batches (Mon-Wed-Sat or Tue-Thu-Sun) in Bangalore if you want to train in person.

If you are a newbie and want to start training, now is the time.

If you are an experienced runner, you could start when there are about 16 weeks to go to your race.

To repeat & rephrase something I said here,
If you want to run a half marathon, you need to have run a 10K in the last 6 weeks and have at least 12 weeks to raceday or have at least 20 weeks to raceday to start training from scratch.


If you want to run a marathon, you need to have run a half marathon in the last 6 weeks and have at least 16 weeks to raceday or have at least 24 weeks to raceday to start training from scratch.

Read this post to get a hang of how I go about things and then mail me at dhammonia@gmail.com.

I charge Rs. 13K for 12 weeks of training as of July 2013 for people who train with me in person. I train the group 3 days per week - Mon, Wed & Sat or Tue, Thu & Sun as you will know from my blog post. For people who train remotely the amount is different and subjective, based on level of engagement. I may give you a discount, extend the training period to 16 weeks (for no change in fees, etc) or not for some reason but that is entirely my decision. This no may change from time to time for various reasons including inflation. So be aware before you sign up.

Finally, fill this questionnaire up before we get started.
Update: Earlier this post listed the SCMM date incorrectly. That has been remedied now

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home