Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Raising Funds for Child Nutrition Foundation (CNF) by running the Boston Marathon 2015

2015 is going to be a significant year of my life. A long standing personal goal will see its completion. I will be running in the Boston Marathon 2015. To increase the fun, I have also signed up for the Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge.

Throughout my running journey, I have been the recipient of various acts of generosity and kindness from both known and unknown people around the world. While training for my runs at Mumbai in the past, I have raised funds for Parivaar and Udayan, which have made the entire experience of training and racing much more fulfilling than it would be, had the journey been limited to running.

When I was still training to qualify for Boston about 2 years ago, my friend Pooja, had asked me if I would raise funds for Child Nutrition Foundation (CNF), an organization she co-founded and currently runs. My response to her then had been that I would love to do so, whenever I would run the Boston Marathon. Well, the time has come for me to make good on that.

CNF works towards the eradication of malnutrition among children in India. Its mission is to reduce child malnutrition in vulnerable communities in India, particularly in the first 1000 days of a child's life, through active intervention, behaviour change communication, facilitating linkage to health care resources, awareness building, empowerment of families and preventative action. You could read more about CNF's work here. I love the fact that 100% of donations go directly to beneficiaries.

CNF is preparing to launch an 18 month nutritional intervention project called “It takes a Village” in 5 impoverished villages in Shravasti district in Uttar Pradesh, that have a dismal track record in child and maternal health. The project will impact approximately 15,000 pregnant women and children 0-6 years of age. The project will be run in partnership with Manav Seva Sansthan, a respected NGO who
have been working on various child-related issues for over 30 years in Uttar Pradesh.

My goal is to raise $6000, which will benefit 3000 direct and more indirect beneficiaries in one village. However you could contribute as little as $10, which will help 5 mothers/children over an 18 month period.

Here is the donation link.

Your contribution will help make my journey even more memorable and of course, more importantly help change lives. Once you have made your contribution, please drop me an email at dhammonia[at]gmail.com so that I know we are making progress on this.

You could also write to me at the same email address if you have any queries about CNF.

Thank you.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home